Arrangements for September 2020
In September Breakfast Club will be open but things will be slightly different.
Children will be placed into ‘family bubbles’ where children from different classes will be allowed to mix. The ‘family bubbles are: Reception and Year 1 / Year 2 and 3 / Year 4, 5 and 6. These family bubbles will be kept apart and therefore have different pick up locations.
Reception and Year 1 will be based in the Infant Hall and Infant Playground. Children will be dropped off using the nursery gate on Nightingale Lane.
Year 2 and 3 will be in the Dining Hall and Middle Playground Room. Children will be dropped off using the main gate on Nightingale Lane.
Years 4, 5 and 6 will be in the Gym and Upper Playground. Children will be dropped off using the Newland Road entrance.
What we do
This statement outlines the services that children, parents / carers and the school community can expect from our extended services provision. We aim to:
- Provide wrap around care for working families and those in particularly challenging circumstances.
- Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
- Help children to develop responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent and creative individuals.
- Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
- Promote a positive relationship with parents and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
- Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the school community (space permitting)
- Undergo regular monitoring and evaluation of our services to ensure that all clubs continues to meet the needs of children and parents.
Fees and admissions process
We are committed to providing a fair and open admission system that offers a competitively priced and good value service. Fees are set annually by the school governing body. As a provider of registered childcare, we both encourage and actively support eligible parents claiming child care vouchers or other similar benefits.
||Per Session per Child
||In Work Benefits Discount
If fees are not paid on time, the school will notify the parent in writing and request payment at the earliest opportunity.
In circumstances where there is continual late payment or a substantial debt has accrued then the School reserves the right to withdraw a place.
Cancellations / Terminations
Parents who want to terminate must give notice up to the end of the half term.
Admission to breakfast club are made on an annual basis to ensure that all families have equal access, including those families new to Campsbourne i.e. new Reception classes. During the summer term parents are invited to register for a place for the next academic year by submitting an application form to the school office (Appendix A) by Friday 26th June 2020. Deadlines for our holiday club are different – please see then holiday club section below.
Places are allocated to parents according to the following criteria:
- Places for families who the school has identified as having particularly high needs.
- Places for families whose parents are receiving in work benefits. (Up to date evidence of the benefits that the parents are in receipt of will be required)
- Remaining places will be allocated according to the number of days required.
- Families requesting 5 days a week.
- Families requesting 4 days a week.
- Families requesting 3 days a week.
- Families requesting 2 days a week.
- Families requesting 1 day a week.
Where there are more applicants than places and the above criteria have been exhausted then places will be allocated randomly.
Places will be offered to parents by the 1st July. To secure the place/s parents will be required to pay a deposit of £20 by the 10th July.
Where a deposit has not been received by the 10th July the place will be offered to parents on any waiting list.
Parents can pay using Child Care Vouchers, Tax Free Credits and online using a debit card.
If, on making an enquiry about a place for their child a parent is informed that there is not a suitable one available, then requests will be placed on the waiting list in the order that they are submitted.
As soon as a places becomes available the parent on the top of the list will be contacted to see if they would like to take up the offer of a place. If the parent no longer needs a place their name will be removed from the list. If the space is not suitable but they would still like to wait for a suitable place then their name will remain on the waiting list in the same position and the next parent on the list will be contacted.
On receiving a place parents will be given a copy of this policy, or signposted to the policy on the school website.
Parents can apply for a place mid-year for Breakfast Club. They can do this by completing a registration form and handing it in to the school office. Any available places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Extended Schools Policy